What is Families of Parishes?
Over the next two years, parishes in the Archdiocese of Detroit will join together to form new groupings called “families of parishes” or FOP. These groups – these families – of three to six parishes will work together and share human and material resources to further advance our shared mission. This new model will allow groups of priests, deacons, and lay staff to better share their gifts and talents with their entire parish families… Read more here.
- A Pastoral Note on Families of Parishes (11.22.2020) from Archbishop Allen Vigneron is here.
- Family Groupings and waves announced (12.9.2020) here.
- Fr. Anthony Richter has been appointed as Moderator for our Family.
- A homily from Archbishop Allen Vigneron on Trinity Sunday 2021 about the Families of Parishes is here.
- Things to know (as of July 1, 2021) and Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
Good News Bulletin Articles
Our Family Grouping is the ‘South Oakland Vicariate Family 1’ and the parishes are:
- St. Anastasia Church, Troy
- Christ Our Light Church, Troy
- Guardian Angels Church, Clawson
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Troy
- St. Lucy Croatian Church, Troy
To see the locations of our Family of Parishes, please see this map.
Fr. Steve Wertanen, our pastor, discusses more about ‘Family of Parishes’ at St. Anastasia
View Fr. Steve’s homily during the Mass from October 4, 2020 here.
Updates, Articles, FAQ and more
Please be sure to stay up to date by visiting the Families of Parishes website.
Prayer for Families of Parishes
We invite you to join us in praying for our communities in the transition to Families of Parishes. The prayer can be found here.